‘A Sense of place’
THE PROPOSED LAYOUT
The proposals for House Close retain the existing farmhouse together with the stone barns that contribute greatest to its setting. The retained buildings will be converted for residential use, including the sympathetic conversion of the original ranges of now disused, open-sided barns into single storey 2/3-bedroom homes with gardens.
Landscaped open space will retain views to and from the Pytchley Gates and the farmhouse.
A care home is proposed behind the farmhouse and a retirement living scheme will be located close to the forthcoming local centre, providing access to the range of facilities there.
Adjacent to the new homes at Overstone Leys, family-style homes are proposed, which again will have excellent access to the new Overstone Leys development as well as the public open space within House Close.
The proposal includes
A housing development of approximately 50 units comprising of:
- Retention and conversion of original farmhouse and stone barns to bespoke apartments and duplexes, plus single story cottage homes
- A range of new build houses between 2-3 bedrooms, utilising complementary architectural styling
- Provision of affordable housing in line with Council policy
The proposal also includes:
- A separate apartment building providing 40 retirement living units
- A 70-bed care home
- Maximum retention of existing trees and new tree planting fronting Sywell Road
- Sensitive landscaping with extensive publicly accessible open space providing a setting to both Pytchley Gates and the farmhouse complex
- Cycle and pedestrian access though the site linking to Overstone, Moulton and Overstone Leys
- Vehicle access from Sywell Road